Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Happy Birthday Mum!

My lovely Mum celebrates her birthday today. Those of you who have met her or know her as Picperfic will know how wonderful she is. Without her I doubt I would knit, sew, crochet, bake, etc etc! She taught me so much and continues to inspire me. I am very proud of how she has turned her life around and made it the life that she wants and deserves. Love you Mum xxx

This is my current project. A Tomten jacket by Elizabeth Zimmerman in Katia Mexico. This is a lovely knit and the yarn is great too. It's my first EZ project although I have read her books from cover to cover numerous times. I love the way she writes, so easily and calmly. I'm going to edge the jacket with an applied i-cord using some green handspun.


We had some sunshine yesterday and were planning to go to RHS Rosemoor but the central locking on my van has gone loopy and gives you a split second to open the doors and then locks you in. I don't feel happy driving long distances in it so we picnicked in the garden instead. The above photo is Sullivan just before he launched himself on top of Emilia and Madeleine's Barbie game. Boys!



The girls were wearing their Amy Butler Sun Surf Halters, this is a lovely pattern. I made one for myself but the fabric was too stiff and just looked yuk! I love the girls in theirs and they were them as often as possible.






I hope you are enjoying your summer!


5 comments:

picperfic said...

What lovely photos! You are such a special girl you know...xxx

I can't wait to see that beautiful Tomten all finished!

Linda said...

How lovely, they are great pictures. I like your totem knit.

Thimbleanna said...

It looks like you're having a wonderful summer. Your little sweater is beautiful -- can't wait to see it finished. And such cute pictures of the children!

Batty said...

Such beautiful pictures of the kids!

Linsey LLoyd said...

wow i love these pics

please have a nosey around my blog

http://www.ragheartcraftz.blogspot.com/