Sunday, January 30, 2011

Moving on


We said goodbye to Nanny Lin on Friday. It was a beautiful service as far as funerals go and the vicar said some very poignant words. Chris, my father in law, read Badger's parting gifts by Susan Varley which brought even more tears to my eyes. He also did another reading as well as Lin's sister and myself. Basingstoke Crematorium seats about 100, yet there were at least another 30 people standing. Lin touched a lot of people in her life and I know she will continue to do so even now.
The vicar suggested that instead of being sad for the past, it is time to look forward to the future and that is definitely how I am going to live my life. Possibly I am changing but I see myself finding the confident, independent, happy Ali I used to be rather than changing into someone different. This seems to be causing concern to some people, but I am not going to live in my shadow any more.

No comments: