I thought that I'd (cheekily?) post my answer to the questionnaire on the KnittySP5 blog so here goes...
1. Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer high-end/natural fibers)? Do you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand? Or is it all the same to you? I prefer the nicer yarn such as Rowan/Jaeger etc but I don't really avoid anything. If I like the way a yarn feels and looks then I will use it, no matter what it is made from.
2. Do you spin? Crochet? I have recently taught myself to crochet and plan to learn to spin eventually. I'd love a drop spindle.
3. Do you have any allergies? (smoke, pets, fibers, perfume, etc.) I'm not allergic to anything but really dislike the smell of tobacco smoke.
4. How long have you been knitting? My Mum taught me when I was 5/6, I knitted properly when I was about 12 (?) and have been knitting like a demon since I was 25.
5. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list? I have an amazon one - http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/registry/wishlist/202-6479067-8561448
6. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.) Lavender, Cotton, Rose, Geranium. I love Lush products and anything such as Burts Bees, L'Occitane, Crabtree and Evelyn
7. Do you have a sweet tooth? Definitely!!!!!
8. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? I sew and occasionally cross stitch. I love to garden and especially adore Californian Poppies and all other Poppies, Sweet Peas, Echinacea, Rudbeckia and Sunflowers.
9. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD) I love Britpop such as Blur, I also haven't grown out the 90's Indie scene such as James, Carter USM, The Inspiral Carpets, Cud. No, I can't use MP3's
10. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? I'm a pink girl with purple, turquoise, orange, green and red thrown in for good measure!
11. What is your family situation? I have been married for 5 years and we have 2 daughters who are 4.5 yrs and 21 mths old.
Do you have any pets? 2 Abbysinian cross Guinea Pigs and 3 goldfish
12. What are your life dreams? (really stretching it here, I know)To have a large, happy family, to own a yarn store with comfy chairs and a juice bar. To have a couple of Alpacas and Mohair goats.
13. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? Cashmere, recycled silk, alpaca, merino - all the expensive stuff!
14. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like? I didn't particularly enjoy knitting with Sirdar Funky fur.
15. What is/are your current knitting obsession/s? Just knitting! As long as I am doing something I am happy.
16. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit? Sweaters and Cardigans
17. What are you knitting right now? An intarsia jumper for Emilia in Patons Bella and Dream. I started it a year ago but it is still going to fit!
18. What do you think about ponchos? I own a good few!
19. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Depends what I am making.
20. Bamboo, aluminum, plastic? Bamboo and other wood, although I like to use metal and plastic too.
21. Are you a sock knitter? I have knit socks in the past...
22. How did you learn to knit? My wonderful mum taught me
23. How old is your oldest UFO? 3 years
24. What is your favorite animated character or a favorite animal/bird? Alpaca - I love their comical faces and laidback style. Can't think of an animated one that I associate with, though I am sure others can!
25. What is your favorite holiday? we had the time of our lives in New Zealand earlier this year and plan to return in 2 years time.
26. Is there anything that you collect? Clutter! LOL! I love anything shiny and sparkly, especially flowers for my hair, nail varnish and shoes.
27. Any projects you want to make but haven't gotten there yet? Loads! I;ve just ordered the yarn for Klaralund and I want to try the Grecian plait pattern from Knitty. I really want to make the Wave knit skirt from this years spring (?) IWK in pinks but haven't been able to get my hands on brown sheep cotton fleece
I hope you've enjoyed reading this!