Monday, March 16, 2009

A truly wonderful weekend!

The weather this weekend was glorious, it was so wonderful not to wear a coat! On Saturday we did the normal dancing lessons and food shopping. I did some sewing during the day too, finishing a tricornu and a landry bag to keep Sullivan's cloth nappies in.

On Sunday we all went to Ilfracombe and Jez went out in the gig boat (they had a race last week and came third! My photo's of last weeks events are here) for a training session. Emilia, Madeleine, Sullivan and I wandered around the harbour watching the men rowing and then we went to Ilfracombe Aquarium. It's a great attraction, not expensive. Small but really interesting. The girls love it there, I think we might get a season ticket this year.

I apologise for the order of the photos...

This character is on a boat on the river Lyn. Can you guess who he is meant to be?


This cheeky robin came to greet us as we finished the walk from The Valley of The Rocks down to Lynmouth. He actually posed for photos! If I's had any food with me I'm sure he would have taken it from my hand. We always say 'Hello Grandad' when we see a robin, Mum knows why xxx

We all really enjoyed our walk, I think we walked about 2 miles up and down hill. I plan to get fit this year and yesterday was day one! The girls hardly moaned at all, I think we need to get them some walking boots and then we can do more.



The Valley of the Rocks is populated by wild goats. They are very cheeky and funny to watch. These two were on a ledge above us as we walked down the coast path. They regarded us as if we were intruding on their patch! (I suppose we were...)


This is at Ilfracombe Harbour, Emilia was racing down to meet Daddy as the gig boat came back in. Both the girls helped push the gig back up to the lock up.




Here they are, my beautiful girls. We were watching the men row out to sea as we sat at the very end of the harbour wall, these steps actually lead into the sea, needless to say I didn't let Sullivan out of the back pack!



Here's my recent FO, a knitted boob! I'm going to make 1 for each of us in our La Leche Peer counselling team, the pattern is here. Before I sewed it up it looked like a little hat - I can just see a newborn wearing a booby hat! Haha! The yarn is Rowan Calmer and Wool cotton, it hardly took any yarn at all. I knit the boob in the round so I didn't have to sew it up.
I received my Ravelry £10 swap parcel today, I'll upload photo's tomorrow but I'll leave you knowing that I am overwhelmed by the kindness, thoughtfulness and generosity of my swap partner.
I hope you are able to enjoy the glorious spring sunshine,
Ali xxx






3 comments:

Thimbleanna said...

What a beautiful little pic of the girls -- they're soooo cute! Looks like you had a great day -- I love the pic of the goats too!

picperfic said...

Love that photo of the Robin...can't beleive I have missed two posts of yours! Love the boob...in fact I love the whole post! Well done Jez x

TutleyMutley said...

Just got back from SkipNorth where I got given 3 knitted boobies! We're making (another) attempt to go baby friendly again so this is part of my contribution to the effort.
didn't you all have a lovely time in the sunshine? Makes me want to get off the couch too!