Thursday, February 08, 2007

Two posts in one day! Free pumpkin recipe



Aren't you lucky people :)


I wanted to share these pumpkin scones with you. They are divine!


Preheat oven to 200c

250g squash/pumpkin, steamed until tender. Mash with 20g butter until smooth. Beat in 1 egg, pinch of salt and pepper. Add 300g self raising flour, 30g each pumpkin and sunflower seeds. Mix until you have a soft dough, you may need more flour or a splash of milk depending on the juiciness of your pumpkin.
Put on a greased baking sheet and roll out to about 2cm thick. Cut into squares and gently separate them from each other. Brush with milk and top with a little grated cheese. I used a babybel as we have run out of all other cheese!
Bake for about 15-20 minutes until golden brown. Allow to cool slightly and then put on a cooling rack. Eat warm with butter :)

2 comments:

Marianne said...

Alright, my mouth is watering to drooling level, those look divine and it's morning here and now all I want is to be able to reach in and get one and gobble it right up.
Thank you for the recipe!

picperfic said...

yummmmmm yummmmmm.....I want one!!! They really do look a bit delicious! Trust me to find a bloke wot don't like veg...would he know, would he like the seeds in them? hmmm....I wonder??

Did you use Photobrush to do the page curls on the scarf photo?

xxx